MARS Solutions Group is looking for an experienced Software Quality Engineer II ???in Waukesha, Wisconsin, USA. Our client is a leading global healthcare technologies and digital solutions company with an enduring and innovative presence in the industry. They foster a challenging and empowering environment that cultivates personal and professional growth.
Medical Device Subject Matter Expert responsible for providing manufacturing and/or engineering process support for the development, implementation, improvement and continuous reinforcement of established procedures and practices that are utilized in the local business.
The role involves hands-on work in the primary areas of design transfer, manufacturing, and production transfer and could also include design, distribution, and/or service.
1. Assists in ensuring 100 percent quality and regulatory compliance in accordance with documented procedures for all aspects of functional responsibility.
2. Leads, acknowledges, develops, communicates & implements a strategy to ensure compliance.
3. Responsible for the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of process effectiveness and efficiency at the site.
4. Develops process improvement plans using a variety of Quality and Continuous Process Improvement tools, including but not limited to Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, SPC, engineering studies, DOE, Gauge R&R, etc.
5. Leads process efficiency and compliance effectiveness through the development and implementation of process verification and validation plans, including Master Validation Plans (Site Level), Validation Master Plans (Product or Process specific plans), and the development of detailed process flow diagrams that describe critical process interdependencies with respect to process inputs, outputs, risks and impacts.
6. Supports continuous product and process improvement through detailed failure analysis for non-conformances, and investigates, develops and implements effective and compliant solutions for product or process corrections, retrospective and remediation action plans, and for corrective and preventive actions (CAPA Program).
7. Utilizes risk management tools and aids for use by the organization in accordance with documented procedures, including but not limited to PFMEA, DFMEA, Fault Tree Analysis, Failure Mode Analysis, etc. Supports design mitigation efforts. Develops process mitigation plans and strategies that are designed to mitigate the risks identified through the Risk Management process.
8. Ensures process compliance through the development of comprehensive procedures, work instructions, flowcharts, forms, templates, checklists, worksheets, and other product and process related documentation.
9. If managing a team, provides guidance and facilitates problem resolution, resource utilization, career counseling, coaching and mentoring of team members as applicable.
10. Performs a broad variety of tasks in support of product and process design as assigned by the departmental manager.
1. Bachelor's Degree or a minimum of 4 years work experience.
2. Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a regulated industry or a Master’s degree
3. Ability to communicate effectively in English (both written and oral).
4. Demonstrated experience and proficiency with MS Office word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database applications.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management System tools, continuous improvement methodologies & in-depth understanding of site level products & related processes. Demonstrated expertise to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization around concepts of design controls, design verification and validation activities; production &process controls; Corrective & Preventive Action (CAPA), complaints & risk management; & product quality improvement using tools such as six sigma, DFR, etc.
6. Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation & conflict resolution skills. Excellent communication skills (written and oral). Demonstrated ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate & implement a strategy under crisis situations to ensure compliance.
7. Demonstrated understanding of product development lifecycles, design change and document change control, process verification and validation methodologies, manufacturing / production process control methodologies, and servicing in a medical device environment. Demonstrated understanding of continuous quality / process improvement tools: (As defined by the local site, e.g. DMIAC, SPC, Lean SS, 5S).
8. Experience leading and implementing change.
9. Experience performing internal audits and participating in external audits.
10. Exceptional analytical, problem solving & root-cause analysis skills.
11. Ability to multi-task & handle tasks with competing priorities effectively.
12. Strong technical aptitude (i.e., able to read & comprehend technical documentation & execute procedures), global regulatory experience & demonstrated experience interfacing with regulators.
MARS Solutions Group provides a range of opportunities for meaningful work by understanding that employment fit is a combination of people, process, and technology. We leverage our experienced and compassionate team to bring humanity to matching you with the right advanced technology role, and stay connected with you to help you attain your professional goals.