MARS Solutions Group is looking for an experienced Warehouse Helper/Material handler ???in Beaumont, Texas, USA. Our client is a leading global water treatment company with an enduring and innovative presence in the industry. They foster a challenging and empowering environment that cultivates personal and professional growth.
• Load and unload chemicals, from tank cars, trucks or other containers, using material moving equipment.
• Perform a variety of other tasks relating to shipment of products throughout the shipping and receiving department.
• May gauge or sample shipping tanks and test them for leaks.
• Support all Environmental, Health, and Safety programs, policies, and regulations.
• Will be trained to work in all areas of the shipping and receiving department such as the drumming room, dock, packaging and on the rack.
• Use of SAP scanner guns to electronically move material from the storage location to the production area and back into storage.
• Use SAP to record bin numbers and change the status and locations of the bins in the system and follow all guidelines and procedures.
• Observe positions of cars passing loading spouts, and swing spouts into the correct positions at the appropriate
• Monitor product movement to and from storage tanks, coordinating activities with other workers to ensure constant product flow.
• Record operating data such as products and quantities pumped, gauge readings, and operating times, manually
• Check conditions and weights of vessels and totes to ensure cleanliness and compliance with loading
• Operate industrial trucks, tractors, loaders and other equipment to transport materials to and from transportation
• Lower gauge rods into tanks or read meters, in order to verify contents, temperatures, and volumes of liquid
• Unload cars containing liquids by connecting hoses to outlet plugs and pumping compressed air into cars to
• Start pumps and adjust valves or cables in order to regulate the flow of products to vessels, utilizing knowledge
• Perform general warehouse activities, such as opening containers and crates, filling warehouse orders, checking supplies, assisting in taking inventory, and weighing and checking materials.
• Complete all receiving and shipping paperwork in a timely manner as required by IMDG, IATA and HMT.
• This list is not all-inclusive and may include other duties as assigned and necessary for the operation and management of the shift and overall plant.
• High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
• Minimum of 6 months of experience working in a chemical manufacturing warehouse environment with hazardous materials.
• Willing and able to drive a fork truck and pass certification
• Willing and able to work overtime as needed
• Willing and able to wear a respirator
• Associate's Degree (two-year college or technical school)
• Minimum of 1-year experience with hazardous materials
• Minimum of 1-year analytical testing experience
• Working knowledge of SAP
• Strong computer skills
• Prior fork truck driving experience is desired
• Prior experience being an active member of an Emergency Response Team
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Attention to detail and numbers oriented
• Team player, individual thinker
• Customer focused; positive attitude.
MARS Solutions Group provides a range of opportunities for meaningful work by understanding that employment fit is a combination of people, process, and technology. We leverage our experienced and compassionate team to bring humanity to matching you with the right advanced technology role, and stay connected with you to help you attain your professional goals.