MARS Solutions Group is looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Data Modeler located in Madison, WI. Our client is a government agency looking for high-quality talent to make a difference. They are known to respect a traditional work week and often extend contracts for added job security and stability
- Under general supervision and direction of AppsDev Supervisor, this position is responsible for creating criminal history data infrastructure with complete documentation of metadata, business rules and technical details.
- There is a project underway to improve criminal history data and this position will play a critical role to capture data documentation through reverse engineering, interviews and detailed documentation of all data elements related to the criminal history data repository.
- The client is implementing a new data management tool and this position will play a role in creating and maintaining a change management process to use the tool and new processes for all data documentation purposes.
- This position will work closely with the Chief Data Officer (CDO), data owners, technical staff and project manager to develop project proposals, scope documents, process flow diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams, user stories, coding specifications, test plans and occasionally assist with training documentation.
- This position will contribute to a large project and will be essential in building data foundations to provide more data services across the Department and elevate client’s data maturity level.
- This position requires effective communication with both technical and non-technical users to explain IT solutions.
- Extensive experience working with specific hardware and software systems, engineering data flows in applications and various reporting tools, ability to design, analyze and troubleshoot IT at a systems level is critical.
- The incumbent will be responsible for collaborating with other staff in Divisions, Bureaus, and Offices in the client’s environment.
- The position is expected to build and maintain positive professional relationships and serve as a data management ambassador in the Department.
- Data dictionary and business glossary creation and implementation for the client’s data.
- Roll out data management tool implementation.
- 70% A. Lead creation of criminal history metadata infrastructure for the client.
- 25% B. Create project management artifacts for data dictionary.
- 5% C. Service Ownership.
Must Have Skills:
Experience with data warehousing / Business Intelligence, and Database designing
Experience in business analysis to gather technical and functional requirements relating to Reporting
Experience in developing workflows from relational databases
About MARS Solutions Group:
MARS Solutions Group provides a range of opportunities for meaningful work by understanding that employment fit is a combination of people, process, and technology. We leverage our experienced and compassionate team to bring humanity to matching you with the right advanced technology role, and stay connected with you to help you attain your professional goals.