MARS Solutions Group is looking for an experienced .NET Web Developer located in Madison, WI. Our client is a government agency looking for high-quality talent to make a difference. They are known to respect a traditional work week and often extend contracts for added job security and stability
- Primary duties include programming in C#/ASP.NET to build and perform SQL operations to enhance and maintain the project’s web applications.
- This position will work closely and interact with the client’s research team on a day-to-day basis.
- 50% Execute change requests for the project’s web application built in the ASP.NET framework: Conduct regular maintenance of the web applications to reduce defects and improve performance. Update web applications to improve usability and reduce user errors. Perform SQL operations to query database and visualize results within web applications.
- 20% Development of new features within the existing IT system: Build new functionality and tools to streamline data collection and analysis. Suggest and implement new tools/technologies to this end using the approved project technology stack.
- 10%Testing of IT system enhancements: Implement test plans to verify new features, enhancements, and defect fixes.
- 10% Documentation and troubleshooting volunteers/research staff issues related to Snapshot IT systems: Regular updates to the project’s IT documentation to ensure maintainability and business continuity. Solve day-to-day issues related to the IT infrastructure and the photo storage system.
- 10%Other duties, as assigned
- Education or training in application development.
- 5+ years of professional experience working on .NET framework and programming in C#.
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle or similar relational database.
- Experience in working with user requirements and translating them into working computer-based products.
- Excellent software debugging skills.
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- Experience documenting software applications and code.
- Prior experience of building desktop applications.
- Experience working with large datasets.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of software development lifecycle and agile methodology.
- Prior experience building and scheduling remote batch jobs.
- Experience designing web user interface (UI) or user experiences (UX).
- Developer must follow client’s standards and procedures for management and versioning of source code, file management and change management processes. The developer must look out for security concerns or issues when developing applications and follow security related protocols. Applications must be built and supported in compliance with Federal and State requirements.
Must Have Skills:
Experience with ASP.NET, C Sharp, Visual Studio, and Oracle
Experience in developing web as well as desktop applications
Experience with database management systems such as SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, and IMS
About MARS Solutions Group:
MARS Solutions Group provides a range of opportunities for meaningful work by understanding that employment fit is a combination of people, process, and technology. We leverage our experienced and compassionate team to bring humanity to matching you with the right advanced technology role, and stay connected with you to help you attain your professional goals.