MARS Solutions Group is looking for an experienced Control Engineer II, Schenectady New York USA. Our client is a leading global Healthcare technologies and digital solutions company with an enduring and innovative presence in the industry. They foster a challenging and empowering environment that cultivates personal and professional growth.
A Wind Turbine Software Upgrade Technician will work as part of the dedicated turbine software operations (TSO) team within Renewable Energy Digital Services, performing upgrades to wind turbine control code and WindSCADA. Additionally, the Technician will be responsible for identifying, investigating, and driving resolution of operational issues related to wind turbine and site software.
• Lead wind site software upgrade projects, which involves coordinating with GE Engineering and configuration management teams, building site and turbine-specific software, and coordinating deployment with field resources at the site.
• Execute GE WindSCADA, WindCONTROL, and TurbineCONTROL software upgrades and implementations of other GE Digital products.
• Drive troubleshooting and resolution of issues identified during or related to software upgrades.
• Support continuous improvement within the software organization including process control, productivity and automation.
• Identify & escalate customer software issues that arise during and following the software upgrade process within ServiceNow.
• Maintain relationships with the GE WindSCADA, WindCONTROL and ControlST software development teams.
• Project management Skills with ability to make decisions, plan, organize, and communicate.
• Quality awareness and ability to identify future failures, defects, and problems.
• Ability to clearly communicate issues and resolution to both a technical and non-technical audience.
• Experience building wind turbine software and deploying to Mark VIe wind turbine controllers.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, including the ability to troubleshoot service and other failures through the Microsoft Administrative tools.
• Experience with database structures, management, and queries.
• Experience with Mark VIe control systems and ControlST (ToolboxST, WorkstationST)
About MARS Solutions Group:
MARS Solutions Group provides a range of opportunities for meaningful work by understanding that employment fit is a combination of people, process, and technology. We leverage our experienced and compassionate team to bring humanity to matching you with the right advanced technology role, and stay connected with you to help you attain your professional goals.