MARS Solutions Group is looking for an experienced Big Data Engineer located in Atlanta, GA. Our client is looking for high-quality talent to make a difference. They are known to respect a traditional work week and often extend contracts for added job security and stability.
Role And Responsibilities:
- We are looking for a Lead/Senior Data Engineer for the Enterprise Data Organization to build and manage data pipelines (Data ingest, data transformation, data distribution, quality rules, data storage etc.) for an Azure cloud-based data analytics platform.
- The candidate will possess strong technical, analytical, programming and critical thinking skills.
- The ideal candidate will have familiarity with data transformation, data modeling, Master data management, and Meta data management.
- This candidate will act as a onsite lead of a team of engineers based out of Eastern Europe, and will interact with the client stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills; comfort and competence in dealing with different teams within the organization.
- Requires an ability to interface with multiple constituent groups and build sustainable relationships.
- Strong and effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working in a matrix organization, self-driven.
- A go-getter and a problem solver.
- Ability to prioritize, work to deadlines, work under pressure.
- Results-oriented, flexible, adaptable.
- Work well independently, and be a team player.
- Versatile, creative temperament, ability to think out-of-the box while defining sound and practical solutions.
- Ability to master new skills.
- Proactive approach to problem solving with effective influencing skills.
- Familiar with Agile practices and methodologies
- Professional data engineering experience focused on batch and real time data pipelines using Spark, PySpark, Python, SQL
- Data warehouse (data modeling, programming), RDBMS exposure in Microsoft technologies like SSIS, SQL Server, SSRS
- Hands-on Talend work experience (anyone with this skill will have an advantage over other candidates)
- Understanding of data science and visualization technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Databricks)
- Experience working on a cloud environment, preferably, Microsoft Azure Cloud Data Warehouse solutions (Snowflake, Azure DW).
Must Have Skills:
Experience in to building and managing data pipelines.
Experience in working on a cloud environment, preferably, Microsoft Azure Cloud Data Warehouse solutions.
Experience in data transformation, data modeling, Master data management, and Meta data management.
About MARS Solutions Group:
MARS Solutions Group provides a range of opportunities for meaningful work by understanding that employment fit is a combination of people, process, and technology. We leverage our experienced and compassionate team to bring humanity to matching you with the right advanced technology role, and stay connected with you to help you attain your professional goals.