MARS Solutions Group is looking for an experienced Security Analyst located in Madison, WI. Our client is a government agency looking for high-quality talent to make a difference. They are known to respect a traditional work week and often extend contracts for added job security and stability.
The individual in this position will:
- The Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) supports the client in minimizing the loss of information and the disruption of services caused by Security Incidents.
- CSIRT assist leadership in determining if a Security Incident has occurred and initiates preliminary legal processes to ensure client fulfills obligations relating to the protection of information.
We are seeking to hire a CSIRT Lead who will report into the Deputy Chief Information Security Officer. At a high level your responsibilities will include:
- Leading efforts to maintain the central point of contact for the reporting and sharing of information involving computer Security Incidents.
- Leading efforts to minimize negative impacts and disruptions resulting from Security Incidents.
- Leading efforts to identify, collect, and preserve necessary data and evidence relating to Security Incidents.
- Leading efforts to provide findings, root causes, lessons learned and recommended actions to prevent future Security Incidents.
What we are seeking from you:
- Strong understanding of security technologies, including but not limited to: firewall, IDS, policy management, security processes, logging/monitoring, antivirus, vulnerability assessment, patch management, and incident response.
- Solid understanding of common and emerging attack vectors.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP network and information systems ports, protocols, and services.
- Experience in automating repeatable tasks by leveraging common scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, bash, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Security, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA), GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC), or other information security certifications. A federally recognized information security certification must be obtained within six months of hire.
- Proven ability to work with diverse audiences and translate technical information into non-technical information.
- Ability to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations which require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as part of a team of peers, and also to support and contribute to a multidiscipline team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, convey both oral and written instruction, and handle multiple task interruptions.
- Ability to research and recommend solutions to enhance incident response and digital forensics capabilities.
Must Have Skills:
Experience in firewall, IDS, policy management, security processes, logging/monitoring, antivirus, vulnerability assessment, patch management, and incident response.
Experience in computer Security Incidents, TCP/IP network and information systems ports, protocols, and services.
Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, bash, etc.)
About MARS Solutions Group:
MARS Solutions Group provides a range of opportunities for meaningful work by understanding that employment fit is a combination of people, process, and technology. We leverage our experienced and compassionate team to bring humanity to matching you with the right advanced technology role, and stay connected with you to help you attain your professional goals.