MARS Solutions Group is looking for an experienced Field Service Technician Bakersfield California USA. Our client is a leading Water Treatment company with an enduring and innovative presence in the industry. They foster a challenging and empowering environment that cultivates personal and professional growth.
The SDI Service Technician will install and service water purification systems at customer sites. In this role, you will deliver, set up and exchange ion exchange tanks to customers in commercial and industrial applications.
• Drive truck to deliver ion exchange tanks and water treatment equipment to customer site.
• Ensure that correct equipment required for the daily route is loaded, secured and meets quality specs. Load and unload tanks on truck and maintains correct inventory on board truck as required.
• Completes Vehicle Inspection Reports for pre-trip inspection.
• Keep accurate accountability of inventory at each site and make changes as needed. Communicates changes thru the proper channels and follows up to ensure that changes have been made.
• Takes water samples and conducts the following tests including but not limited to TDS, resistivity, pH, CO2, Cl2, and hardness. Accurately record results and make suggestions or changes as required.
• Rinses ion exchange tanks to customer specifications at customer sites and ensures quality specifications met.
• Performs both dry and wet ion exchange tank exchanges.
• Performs maintenance on equipment to include PVC repair, and minor pump and motor repairs.
• Maintains good housekeeping at all times, which includes the vehicles and customer sites.
• Follows EHS policies and rules.
• Maintains contact with customer on site, communicating effectively, politely, and responding to their needs. Maintains good customer relationships.
• Assist with equipment or product delivery outside normal scope when needed due to business levels.
• May be required to be on call during non-business hours.
• HS Diploma, GED or equivalent.
• Possess a valid Class A or B commercial driver's license and clean driving record history
• Forklift Driving Experience
• Ability and willingness to handle repetitive weight - 50 lbs
• Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions
• Ability and willingness to: read, and interpret technical manuals, procedures, and regulations; to write reports; to subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
• Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in applicable fields such as electrical, industrial, mechanical, maintenance or plumbing
• Minimum of 2 years of water industry experience in ion exchange, water treatment, reverse osmosis or membranes and related equipment highly desirable.
• Associate’s Degree in electrical, industrial / mechanical, engineering, or water treatment disciplines
• Vocational training in applicable fields such as electrical, industrial/mechanical maintenance, water treatment, plumbing
• College coursework in chemistry
• Experience driving company vehicles such as panel vans or service trucks
• Customer Focus
About MARS Solutions Group:
MARS Solutions Group provides a range of opportunities for meaningful work by understanding that employment fit is a combination of people, process, and technology. We leverage our experienced and compassionate team to bring humanity to matching you with the right advanced technology role, and stay connected with you to help you attain your professional goals