MARS Solutions Group is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer located in Milwaukee, WI. Our client is a well-known and highly respected financial services mutual organization seeking bright, tech-savvy talent. Join a strong, innovative, and growing team with impressive employee perks.
• Work within a team to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications prod/non-prod AWS environments.
• Design and implement appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
• Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting Cloud technologies, processes, and best practices.
• Work with DevOps leaders in other groups to define and align on standard operating procedures and best practices.
• Automate the provisioning of environments using Ansible, Packer and Terraform.
• Create application deployment pipelines with GitLab CI, Jenkins, and Helm.
• Design and implement strategy to ensure all platform data is highly available and replicated
• Troubleshoot problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
• Participate in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
• Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
• Work with Risk Management and Compliance teams to ensure target services are hardened and secure.
• Identify reoccurring issues and work with Technology and Business partners to remediate using leading industry processes.
• Frequent technologies used in this role would be: AWS, Ansible, Docker, Gitlab, Jenkins, Kubernetes, and Linux Shell Scripting.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• At least 3 years of experience with AWS.
• At least 2 years of experience in automated delivery and developing automation workflows and routines.
• At least 2 years of experience in infrastructure design, implementation and delivery.
• At least 2 year of experience in containerizing applications with Docker and deploying them to Kubernetes.
• Certified AWS Architect.
• Experience with Kubernetes cluster administration and Stateful Sets.
• Experience with Open Source tools such as Ansible, Gitlab CI, Helm, Jenkins and Terraform.
• 3+ years of experience working with Agile Development Practices.
• 2+ years of programming experience with automation or development in Python, Ruby, or equivalent.
• 3+ years of experience Production Support experience in Linux environments.
• 3+ years of experience in technology delivery in a DevOps / Cloud Engineering environment.
• Strong grasp of automation and monitoring tools (ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting).
• Ability to define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems.
Minimum of 5 years of experience required due to job requirements.
Thorough understanding of cloud-native technologies like AWS, Kubernetes, and CI/CD.
Nice to Have:
Experience with Gitlab Ci, Monitoring and Instrumentation tools like NewRelic or DataDog
About MARS Solutions Group:
MARS Solutions Group provides a range of opportunities for meaningful work by understanding that employment fit is a combination of people, process, and technology. We leverage our experienced and compassionate team to bring humanity to matching you with the right advanced technology role, and stay connected with you to help you attain your professional goals.