At MARS Solutions Group, we strive to create a community atmosphere. In an effort to foster connection, our team has launched a MARS Solutions Group Slack workspace for our staff and consultants where you can ask questions, receive updates, and get to know your fellow Martians. In the workspace, you will find a list of channels. These channels act as chatrooms. The conversation within them should relate to the hashtag. Within our workspace, we ask that you abide by the following rules:
- Send consolidated messages
- Keep messages business-appropriate
- Send chats only to relevant people
- Pay attention to cultural context
- Avoid emotionally loaded topics
- Do not use foul language
- Do not trash talk other consultants, employees, clients, or MARS Solutions Group
- Do not threaten others
Failure to comply will result in you being removed from the workspace. These are in place to ensure a safe and friendly environment. Some channels are locked or private because they are client-specific. If you believe you belong in a locked channel, please reach out to us.
To join the MARS Solutions Group Slack workspace, please click on the invitation link here and follow the process below.
- After you click the link above, it will bring you to the screen below on your internet browser. Type in your email, and click ‘Verify email.’
2. Go to your email account.
3. Click ‘Confirm Email.’ A tab in your internet browser should open.
4. Fill out the information shown below, then click ‘Create Account.’
5. A new window will appear with information shown below.
Basic profile updates
- Click the dropdown arrow on the top left of the screen next to ‘MARS Solutions Group.’ Then click ‘View profile.’ A pop up will appear on the right side. Click ‘Edit profile.’
2. Fill out your full name, display name, your position at MARS Solutions Group, and a profile photo (optional).
How to set notifications
- Click the dropdown arrow on the top left of the screen next to ‘MARS Solutions Group.’ Click ‘Preferences.’
2. A pop up will appear. Click through each item on the left side, and edit your preferences on the right.
Joining a channel
- Click the ‘+’ symbol next to ‘Channels’ in the left sidebar. Select ‘Browse channels’.
- Select a listed channel, or type a channel name in the search bar.
- Click ‘Join Channel’ or press Enter.
- You will need to be invited to a private channel. If you would like access, please reach out to us.
Leaving a channel:
- From the channel, click ‘Details’ in the top right.
- Click ‘More’.
- Select ‘Leave [channel name]’ from the menu. (If it’s a private channel, click ‘Yes’, leave the private channel to confirm.)
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.