MARS Solutions Group is looking for an experienced Machine Operator II located in Parsippany, NJ USA. Our client is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions company with an enduring and innovative presence in the industry. They foster a challenging and empowering environment that cultivates personal and professional growth.
Role Summary/Purpose The ECM Machine Operator will work at the Parsippany, NJ Metem a GE Power business manufacturing plant and operate a variety of production equipment and tooling. You will also have ownership of safety, compliance, quality, and productivity.
• Observe company safety rules and regulations.
• Set-up and operate electro-chemical machines to cut metal work pieces to specifications following standard charts and manuals and applying knowledge of electro-chemical machining processes and methods.
• Examine operation sheets of product and plan operation of machine for any ECM operation.
• Dress electrodes according to standard practices and part requirements and identify any conditions that will render an electrode unusable.
• Position and secure work pieces on electro-chemical machine table with clamps, vices or holding fixtures. Perform minor adjustments to set-up of electrodes to ensure concentricity, alignment and depth of electrode to work piece using measuring instruments such as dial indicators or computer machine controllers.
• Turn controls to adjust machine settings such as voltage, current and electrode feed rate according to information on charts, operation sheets, data cards and/or knowledge of electro-chemical machine procedures. Turn valves to adjust flow of acid through electrodes and on work piece.
• Start machine and observe beginning of operation. Make adjustments as necessary within specifications to ensure operation runs smoothly. Check on machine and electrodes frequently throughout the operation.
• Inspect work pieces visually and with specified measuring instruments for conformance to specifications and record measured dimensions.
• Use electronic documenting system to update status of parts as they are moved throughout the plant and record all necessary quality information including accept/reject criteria and detailed information regarding any quality defects.
• Move completed work pieces to outgoing area, and from incoming area for next operation.
• Check set-up and electrodes at the start of each shift. Check depth of electrodes to work piece before every operation.
• As required, train and assist other operators with issues or difficulties.
• Maintain tools and measuring instruments supplied by company.
• Maintain company production and quality standards.
• Report unusual problems or conditions to manager.
• Make a strong effort to achieve or exceed expected production output.
• Keep track of how much time is spent on each machine or activity throughout the shift and record daily through electronic system.
• Display an expert level understanding of all types of operations.
• Perform production, quality and machine troubleshooting on any type of operation or ECM machine.
• Perform, as assigned, other similar or related duties.
The Lab Technician must be able to work with a team of technical resources to carry out test requests in the area of electrical and high power components.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
• Perform all technical functions relevant to the preparation and testing as specified by global test requests
• Prepare test equipment for carrying out specific electrical tests (Calibration, dielectric, etc.)
• Perform basic calculations/recording and tabulations of technical data and record them accordingly
• Maintain applicable records: enter maintenance requests, qualification records, and writing of laboratory reports as required.
• Maintain confidentiality in handling proprietary test data, formulations and data on patentable or other confidential items under development
• Perform routine environmental tests (Rain tests, temperature, humidity, etc.)
• Maintain laboratory equipment, supplies, and working area. Perform minor equipment calibration and repairs as needed
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required
• Ability to lift/push/pull at least 50 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation
• Ability to work occasional weekend shifts
• Ability to work overtime as required
• Willingness to wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, and safety shoes
• Successful completion of a background check and drug screen
• Demonstrates positive attitude, strong work ethic, and self-motivation
• Has strong ethical stands and integrity
• Experience in manufacturing preferred
• Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
• Ability to follow written instructions and take verbal instructions for multiple assembly tasks in a manufacturing shop environment.
• Demonstrates strong communication and follow-up skills
• Able to work with computerized shop floor tools
• Strong team player and flexible-willingness to move to different areas
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team with minimal supervision
• Has a strong belief in Metem, a business, and the exciting opportunities it is pursuing
About MARS Solutions Group:
MARS Solutions Group provides a range of opportunities for meaningful work by understanding that employment fit is a combination of people, process, and technology. We leverage our experienced and compassionate team to bring humanity to matching you with the right advanced technology role, and stay connected with you to help you attain your professional goals.