MARS Solutions Group is looking for an experienced NodeJS Developer located in Milwaukee, WI. Our client is a well-known and highly respected financial services mutual organization seeking bright, tech-savvy talent. Join a strong, innovative, and growing team with impressive employee perks.
Full-stack developers are computer programmers who are proficient in both front and back end coding. Their primary responsibilities include designing user interactions on websites, developing servers and databases for website functionality and coding for mobile platforms
- This role will be reporting directly to the Managing Director of Engineering of our client. The individuals will play a critical role in helping define and build minimally viable products as well as production-ready applications. It is critical this individual is willing to learn new technology and become familiar working in various industries.
- Most importantly, the individual will be working on behalf of external startups in which Northwestern Mutual has invested. They will be contributing to the intellectual property and long-term success of new ventures. It is vital that the individual is a team player and can empathize with the risks that our entrepreneurs are taking in building their venture.
- Technical skills include: Node.js development. Understanding of relational databases such as Postgres, Express.js. Vue.js and CSS best practices. We use Tailwind.css. Candidate also must have an understanding of git and CI/CD.
- Nontechnical experience includes: entrepreneurial background building products in startups or founding startups. Must be able to meet with clients, work through problems, and apply software solutions that meet and exceed customer expectations.
- 3 plus years of experience is required for this role.
Nice to Have:
- Technical skills include: Nuxt.js, Heroku, Amazon SQS, Amazon S3, Understanding of Segment.js, Understanding of Knex.js, Postmark for transactional emails, and Newrelic.
- Nontechnical skills include: product design, UX/UI experience and understanding of best practices when building easy to use software.
About MARS Solutions Group:
MARS Solutions Group provides a range of opportunities for meaningful work by understanding that employment fit is a combination of people, process, and technology. We leverage our experienced and compassionate team to bring humanity to matching you with the right advanced technology role, and stay connected with you to help you attain your professional goals.